I wanted to make something quick as it was already lunch time and saw all the veggies. Added soy for proteins.. My husband liked it a lot as it was a simple, light and healthy lunch..
- In a pan, add oil and fry onions till golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and ginger and garlic paste and fry till they soften.
- Then add chili powder, garam masala and turmeric powder and fry till oil leaves on top.
- Add all the veggies and salt and cook on medium heat until all veggies are soft (Do not add water).
- Take the hot dog bun and stuff the veggies and sprinkle fresh basil on top.
- Serve with little salad and some hot peppers.
PS: For the Soy, I first soaked them for few minutes till they are soft, then squeezed all the water out of it and added them directly to the veggies and cooked on low flame. You can use the masala as a side dish for chapati or rice. You can use any veggies that you have. If you are a non-veg lover, you can add chicken or fish also to it.