Ingredients for Salad Wild Rice – 1 cup Brown Lentils – ½ cup Green Onions (chopped) – 3 Celery stalk (diced) – 1 Red bell Pepper (diced) – 1 Water – 4 cups Salt Dressing: Extra- Virgin Olive oil – 1/3 cup Red Wine Vinegar – 2 Tb spoon Dijon Mustard – 2 tsp Ground black pepper – ¼ tsp Fresh Italian parsley – 1 Tb spoon (I used Cilantro / coriander leaves) Fresh Lemon thyme (minced) – 2 tsp Sweet marjoram (minced) – 2tsp ( I have not used this) Method:
- Place the wild rice, lentils and water in the rice cooker.
- Cook for one hour.
- Then add green onions, celery and red bell pepper.
- Close the lid and continue cooking until rice is tender for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the salad and place in a serving bowl. Cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, black pepper and fresh herbs.
- Drizzle the dressing over the rice and lentil salad and toss well.
- Serve at room temperature or chill for up to 4 hours before serving.
PS: I have used Uncle Bens Wild rice. I did not use the seasoning that came along with it. Uncle Ben rice is a mixture of wild rice and long grain rice.