When I called home yesterday, my mom had made lemon rice..So, today I made lemon rice with dill - capsicum and channa usli along with the rice...Ingredients: For Lemon Rice
Rice – 2 cups Dill – 1 cup Capsicum – 1 big Onion – 1 small Channa Dhal – 1 tsp Urad dhal – 1 tsp Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp Ground nuts – 1 Tb spoon (optional) Turmeric – ¼ tsp Chilies – 5-7 Peas – ¼ cup Curry Leaves Coriander leaves Oil – 3 -4 Tb spoon Lemon Juice – 2 Tb spoon SaltMethod:
- Cook rice and keep aside.
- Wash dill and chop them finely.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Then add ground nuts, channa dhal, urad dhal and allow it to turns little brown.
- Add onion, chilies and curry leaves and fry till onion turns golden brown.
- Add dill and fry for 2 minutes. Then add capsicum ( chop them to cubes) and peas to it.
- Sprinkle salt on it, stir and allow them to cook until soft.
- Then add turmeric powder and stir it well.
- Mix the gojju with rice, add lemon juice and coriander leaves on top and mix it all together.
- Serve hot.
To Make Channa Usli:
Usually in my place they make usli either with brown, or Kabul channa. I thought if combining both and make Usli..
Ingredients: Brown Channa - 1/2 cup Garbonzo / Kabul Channa - 1/2 cup Onion - 1 Chillis - 4 -5 Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp Curry leaves Coriander Leaves Lemon Juice - 1 Tb spoon Coconut - 2 Tb spoon (optional) Oil - 1 Tb spoon Salt Method:
- Soak both Channa's in water overnight.
- Pressure cook the channa for 2 whistles.
- Strain the channa and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds.
- After it splutters, add onions and chillis, fry till golden brown.
- Then add boiled channa to it, add salt and mix well.
- Then combine coriander leaves, coconut and lemon juice to it.
- I have not added the coconut to it.
- You can add salt to the channa while pressure cooking them.
- I boiled the channa directly on the stove and added little salt during the process.