When I googled for the recipe, there were many ways of making this dessert. I found this recipe which was very easy & quick to make.
'Tiramisu' means 'Pick-me-up' in Italian. It is a cool, very light refreshing Italian dessert that once tasted, leaves an indelible impression on you. With all different flavours , textures & the lightness you can really say "Heaven in your mouth". So give it a try...
Mascarpone cheese or cream cheese, softened - 1 package (8 ounces) Powdered sugar - 1/2 cup Light rum - 2 Tb spoon or Rum extract - 1/2 tea spoon Whipping (heavy) cream - 1 cup Ladyfingers- 3 packages (3o pieces) Cold prepared espresso or strong coffee -1/2 cup Baking cocoa - 2 teaspoons
- Beat mascarpone cheese /cream cheese and powdered sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in rum on low speed, set aside.
- Beat whipping cream in chilled small bowl on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Arrange half of the ladyfingers, on bottom of ungreased square pan, 8x8x2 inches.
- Drizzle 1/4 cup of the espresso over ladyfingers. Spread half of the cream cheese mixture over ladyfingers.
- Arrange remaining ladyfingers on cream cheese mixture.
- Drizzle the remaining 1/4 cup espresso on the lady fingers.
- Spread the remaining cream cheese mixture on top of the ladyfingers.
- Sift or sprinkle cocoa over top.
- Cover and refrigerate about 4 hours or until filling is firm.
PS: You can use Rum or brandy or coffee liquor or just rum extract. You can make as many layers as you wish.