This is one of my favourite side dish. It is healthy as it has got chick peas and is also easy to prepare. This is how it is done:
Ingredients: ಕಡಲೆ ಕಾಳು / Kabul Channa - 1/4 cup
ತೊಂಡೆಕಾಯಿ / Thindora - 1 cup
ಸಾಂಬಾರ್ ಪುಡಿ /Sambar Powder - 1 tsp
ಉದ್ದಿನ ಬೆಳೆ / Urad dhal - 1tsp(optional)
Coriander leaves - 1 Tb spoon
ಉಪ್ಪು / Salt
Oil - 1 tsp
- Soak kabul Channa for overnight.
- Pressure cook them for one whistle with little salt.
- In a heavy pan, add oil, then add urad dhal.
- When the urad dhal is golden brown add the thindoora & fry little.
- Then add the channa, sambar powder & salt together.
- Mix all together, close the lid of the pan & allow it to boil on low heat.
- Give occasional stirs to it until cooked.
- At last sprinkle the chopped coriander leaves on top. Serve with hot chapathi or with rice & sambar.