Ingredients: Zucchini – 2 medium (chopped) Asparagus – 10 Red bell pepper – 1 (chopped) Yellow bell pepper – 1(chopped) Orange bell pepper – 1 (chopped) Green bell pepper – 1 (chopped) Red onion – 1 medium (chopped to bite size pieces) Tomato – 1 big (chopped to small pieces) Corn – ½ cup Blue cheese – 2 Tb spoon (optional) Dressing: Red wine vinegar – 2 Tb spoon Olive oil – 1 Tb spoon Salt Pepper
Garlic -2 (finely grated) Cilantro – 2 Tb spoon Basil leaves – 1 Tb spoon
- Heat a pan and add chopped zucchini and fry for few seconds on high heat.
- Fry asparagus too and then cut them to one inch pieces.
- Fry corn too in a similar manner.
- Mix all the veggies in a bowl.
- In a bowl, mix red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, cilantro and basil leaves together.
- Add the dressing to the veggie bowl.
- Give a stir and serve at room temperature with a little cheese on top.
This simple salad on its way to SWC- Salad under 15 minutes at Cooking Station hosted by Lakshmi . PS: Another way of trying this salad:
- Chop zucchini to very small pieces.
- Add all chopped veggies to it and mix the dressing.
- Keep it refrigerated for 1 -2 hours and serve chilled with cheese on top.