Almost every Sunday, bread omelet used to be our breakfast most of the times in our house. My mom is a pure vegetarian, she does not take egg or cake or biscuits which has egg. But poor thing she used to prepare bread omelets for us almost every Sunday. She used to make this dosa with rava or carrot sandwich for herself. She used to add different flours every time and make this dosa and she used to call this as omelet and the dish got its name as Rava omelet :-). We used to like this more than the bread omelet. I remembered this on Sunday and made this for breakfast.
I would also like to thank Yasmeen of Health Nut for adding me in her list and giving this sweet award which is created by her. I am very humbled and honoured to receive this. Thanks a lot Yasmeen. You too are a sweet heart..
Ingredients: Fine Rava / Semolina – 2 cups Rice flour – ¼ cup Maida / All purpose flour – ¼ cup Curds – ½ cup Onion (chopped finely) – 1 big Chilies – 6-7 (chopped finely) Cilantro /Coriander leaves (chopped finely) – ¼ cup Curry leaves (chopped finely) – 1 Tb spoon Ginger grated / paste – ½ tsp Cumin – 1 tsp Soda – ¼ tsp Salt Tomato (chopped finely) – 1 big Carrot (grated) – 1 Spring onion (chopped finely) – 1/4 cup Method:
- Mix rava, rice flour and maida with curds and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Then add all the ingredients except tomato, carrot and spring onions.
- Mix them all by adding water to form a batter with a consistency of not too thick or not too watery.
- In a bowl mix tomato, carrot and spring onion and keep aside.
- On a hot tawa pour one big spoon of batter and spread like any other dosa, then add tomato, carrot and spring onion on top.
Coconut – ½ cup Groundnut – ¼ cup Green chilies – 4 -5 Coriander leaves – ¼ cup (chopped finely) Curry leaves – 4-5 leaves Garlic – 1 piece Ginger – ½ inch Salt Lemon juice – 1Tb spoon For Tampering: Oil / ghee – 1 tsp Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp Urad dhal – ½ tsp Curry leaves – 3-4 leaves (tear them to pieces in hands) Red chilies – 2-3 Method:
- First fry the groundnuts until brown.
- Then add all the above ingredients and grind them in a mixer till it forms a smooth paste.
- Then heat oil in a small pan, add mustard seeds.
- When it splutters, add urad dhal, red chillies, and curry leaves.
- When urad dhal becomes brown, mix this mixture with the prepared chutney.
- Serve with hot rava omelet / dosa.
PS : You can mix tomato + carrot + spring onions to the batter itself. If you leave the batter mix for 1 or hours then you will get nice colour . You can also make this as rotti by making it dough instead of batter. For the chutney you can add tamarind instead of lemon juice. You can omit the addition of garlic if you do not like the taste of it.