This is something you can eat as breakfast or as a snack in the evening. Usually in Bangalore, most of them make this as a snack without the veggies. I just added the veggies and made it as a breakfast.
Ingredients: Puffed rice - 6 cups Onion - 1 Potato - 1 small Chillies - 5 Curry Leaves Coriander Leaves - 2 Tb spoon Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp Ground nuts - 2 Tb spoon Channa Dhal - 1/2 tsp Urad dhal - 1/2 tsp Peas - 2 Tb spoon Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp Salt Oil - 2 Tb spoon
- Soak the puffed rice in water for 1 minute.
- Press the puffed rice and remove all the water and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add oil and then mustard seeds.
- When the mustard splutters, add ground nuts, channa dhal and Urad dhal.
- After it is golden brown, add onions, chillies and curry leaves. Fry till the onion is golden brown.
- Then add the veggies, add salt and turmeric powder and fry till they are soft.
- Then add the puffed rice and mix well . Sprinkle coriander leaves on top.
- Serve hot with some lemon juice on top.