This is one of the favourite breakfast for Bangaloreans. Surprisingly this is not the common menu item in most of the restaurants I have a favourite place in Bangalore called "AraliMane" in Malleshwaram. They make very nice big rotti along with different chutneys.
You can prepare this rotti by adding any vegetables or greens or just plain. This is the season for Avarekayi in Bangalore. Averekalu rotti is famous during this season.
As I had an avocado, thought of adding and trying it out. I did not find any difference in taste. But the rotti was very buttery and soft. So enjoy....
Ingredients:ಅಕ್ಕಿ ಹಿಟ್ಟು / Rice flour - 2 cups ಅವಕಾದೋ / Avocado -1 ಈರುಳ್ಳಿ / Onion - 1 ಶುಂಠಿ / Ginger - 1 tsp ಜೀರಿಗೆ / Jeera - 1 tsp ಹಸಿಮೆಣಸಿನಕಾಯಿ / Chillies - 5 ಈರುಳ್ಳಿ ಹೂವ್ವ್ / Spring Onion - 1 Packet ಕೊತ್ತಂಬರಿ ಸೊಪ್ಪು/ Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup ಕರಿಬೇವಿನ ಸೊಪ್ಪು / Curry Leaves ಉಪ್ಪು / Salt Method:
- Mix all the above ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add little warm water to the mixture and mix until the consistency of a dough.
- On a plastic paper apply little oil, then take a ball size of the dough, spread it evenly with hand till it is thin and the size of a chapati.
- Keep dipping your hands in water while spreading to avoid any sticking.
- Fry on a hot tava on both side until brown.
- Serve hot with ghee or coconut chutney or any gravy of your choice or you can serve it by itself.